PTA - Get Involved
- Fall Fundraising Form [PDF]
First off, what is PTA?
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is the nation’s largest volunteer child advocacy association, connecting families and schools across the country for more than 115 years, PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
What does the PTA do at Barron Park?
The PTA is an essential partner in serving all of our students and parents. We provide financial support in the form of classroom supplies, scholarships, teacher grants, and programs. We also sponsor and organize community events. This financial and organizational support is vital to the mission and vibrant culture of Barron Park Elementary School.
How does it work?
In one word - volunteering. Parents and members of the wider school community volunteer their time and energy to help make the school the best possible experience it can be for our children. Volunteering for the Barron Park PTA is both impactful to the community and incredibly rewarding for those taking part. Through volunteering you gain a deeper connection to the school, your children and their classmates.
How can I get connected?
At Barron Park we use the Konstella site and app. It is a great way to stay in touch - and give money to the school.
- Activate your Konstella account and download the app. Check your email for an invite to join this site through which you can communicate with your child’s class and the PTA, sign-up to help, make donations, and more.
- Stay up to date with our E-News sent every Friday morning.
- Check your child’s backpack for fliers sent home in their Friday folder.
- Attend a PTA meeting. In addition to our two general membership meetings, anyone is welcome at our monthly executive board meetings. Check the calendar at barron.pausd.org for dates.
- Send an e-mail to Joanna Rashid or Lindsey Schroeder if you have any questions or ideas to support our community. We want to hear from you!
How can you get involved?
- Attend school events, meet other families, and become part of the community. Add events to your calendar by syncing with our Google Calendar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by using the Konstella app.
- Join the PTA and make a contribution to the PTA for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Stand Up and Be Counted! Volunteer for one of the open PTA Council positions. Go to our Konstella site to learn about and sign-up for open volunteer jobs.
- Mark your calendar for our annual dinner and auction on March 17th, 2018